music

Songs On Repeat {week one}

March 28, 2015

::Just a little post about what I've been listening. Trying to get one of these up every Friday/Saturday::

1. Don't Do Sadness from Spring Awakening Soundtrack
Honestly I've been listening the entire soundtrack for the last two week, but I decided to just put the one that has been stuck in my head the most. I'm working on a production of this show going on at my school so I get to hear all of the songs every night from that. It's really good music that doesn't sound super "musical theater" so it's worth checking out just for the songs. Honorable Mentions: Totally Fucked, My Junk, Whispering

2. Did You Miss Me? by Olly Murs from Never Been Better
Once again, entire album is perfection, but I if I had to pick one this would be it. It's such a fun upbeat song. Me and friends love to play it in the car and just be ridiculous and dance to it. Olly Murs style is so distinct and I am obsessed with it. Also all of the songs in this album describe my mood/life so well which is always a plus. Honorable Mentions: Why Do I Love You, Never Been Better, Seasons, Stick With Me, etc. 

3. Giants in The Sky from Into The Woods
Wow I've been listening to a lot of full albums lately... Anyway, Into The Woods came out on DVD this week so, in honor of that, I had to include the soundtrack because 1. The CD has been in my car since January and 2. I've watched the movie three times since buying it on DVD on Wednesday. Stephen Sondheim is bae and the cast Disney put together for this film is also bae. Just everything about it is bae. Honorable Mentions: Agony, No One Is Alone, It Takes Two

4. Siri Says by Zooly
Happened upon this on tumblr and I really enjoy just how random it is. So if you enjoy strange dance music made up of cell phone noises and really basic beats probably made in garageband you'd like this. It's so stupid, but it made me laugh the first time I heard it so I had to download it.

5. Fun by Troye Sivan from TRXYE
This was one of my summer songs and now it's making its way back into my everyday playlist. Troy Sivan is a talented human who really deserves to be more recognized so I'll always be there to support his music. This song is from his first EP he released back in July and I can't wait to hear more.

6. All You Had To Do Was Stay by Taylor Swift from 1989
Okay, Taylor Swift is great to just sing along to on a bad day. Break ups suck and Taylor has a song for every single emotion that goes on during a break up. So thank you Taylor for your catchy lyrics that I could sing at the top of my lungs driving, you and one direction basically wrote songs about everything I've gone through in the last three months and that's awesome.  Honorable Mentions: Bad Blood, Shake It Off

So yeah, that's what I've been listening too as of late. Not a very big variety, lot more full albums than specific songs and a lot of musicals, but all really great stuff. Will be sharing the new obsessions next weekend so till then check out this stuff.

Julia Carrington

You Might Also Like

0 comments