life

See You Later

September 24, 2013

Today the last of my college friends left to start this new chapter of their life at university. As each and every one of them have slowly but sure left, one by one, we have had to say our goodbyes. This has quickly become my least favorite word. Goodbye. Goodbye means not seeing someone. Goodbye means that end. The dictionary definition states it's a parting or a final goodbye. I do not want to think that all of these goodbyes mean that I will never get to see these friends again. I have created such strong relationships with these people over the past few years and have never thought about the "goodbye" that comes once they leave high school and go to move on with their lives. That is why I have decided that it is not just a "goodbye" but a "see you later." Even though I'm not seeing them everyday like I used to, I will still see them again. Whether they are twenty minutes away, in another state, or even another country I look forward to the day I see them again to share stories of all that has happen while we were away from each other. 


And that is all I have to write for today. Thanks for putting up with what's on my mind. Thanks for reading and see you later. 

Julia Carrington

You Might Also Like

0 comments