life

October's Come And Gone

November 02, 2013



Wait what? It's November? That's not okay. It feels like October had gone by so quickly. I have been just so overwhelmed lately I never got the chance to do a fun, spooky DIY post or something of that sort. But oh well, it's too late now. So to make up for missing an October post, I am going to do a quick little life update about all the exciting things that happened this past month.

I would consider October to have been a bucket list month. I did a lot of things that I have been wanting to do for a long time now, but was too afraid or didn't have the opportunity to do until this year.

I told myself that there was no way I could possibly go to Knotts Scary Farm and not die. But believe it or not, I survived. A big group of my friends dragged me to the park with them and I had the time of my life. Up until then I absolutely hated haunted houses. The idea that the "monsters" could touch me if they really wanted to scared the bee geebies out of me. I was completely fine though. I picked a friend to kind of latch on to for the night as we went through all the mazes and we had so much fun getting scared and laughing at ourselves. The best part was we had a couple babies in the group who the "monsters" decided to pick on and chase around while wandering the park. So glad that wasn't me.


Being a Disneyland passholder now, me and my best friend had to go to Disneyland to see the beauty of Halloween Time. If you've never been, I'm sorry. They decorate the park and it just looks so darn cute! Also Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite so I love going on the Haunted Mansion Holiday. But it was just magical being there again after so many years for the autumnal decor. 


There is this club at my school called Comedy Sportz. It's basically competitive improve games performed for an audience and the team that gets more laughs wins. I have been to every match at my school for the past four year. I have always wanted to play, but never made the team. But this year, I finally made it. This is extra exciting for me because I have tried to hard to make it and finally have and I'm so proud of myself for growing to make it to this point. We had our first match this month and even though I didn't get to play, It was enough for me to just be wearing the shirt. 

We made history at my school this month by having our first ever football game at home. Our school finally has our house, our very own field. Me and my friends all went together and tailgated before the game in the parking lot which was really fun. Being in the brand new stands, cheering in the crowded student section was a million times more fun then I have ever had at a football game. I was just proud to be a charger in that moment.

There is this famous spot in Laguna Beach called Top of the World that I have been wanting to go up to with some friend for a while now. So one Saturday night we piled into a car, got some blankets and snacks, and heading up to the Top. Me and five of my closest friend all sat up there muchin' on cookies and chips and watch the sunset together. It was by far my favorite night so far. We played Cards Against Humanity for a few hours, dying laughing at some of those card. It's officially my new favorite game, go play it now if you haven't. But as the night went on and it got to dark to be playing cards with no light but our phones, we had some amazing bonding time. We opened up to each other telling things about ourselves that very few people know. Some of these friends I haven't even know for a year, but I feel like I know them better than the friends I have had for a life time. I trust them with everything and that is the coolest thing ever. They aren't friends anymore, they are family. It just took a little too long to meet them. 

So basically that has been my weekends for this month. Week days had been taken over by the usually homework and classes with the addition of college apps, which I turned in my first one yesterday to Chapman University so I will let you know how that goes, and ACT testing, the most fun test I have ever taken. Not. It was the worst. Over all October was an amazing month. After seeing all that we did this month I can't wait to see what's coming up next in November. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments