life

Top of The World

January 12, 2014

A group of friends and I have started this kind of tradition. By tradition I mean we've done it twice, but plan to do it a lot more often. There's this spot, not to far from where I live, in Laguna Beach called Top of The World. People go to hike, enjoy sunrises and sunsets, and to just enjoy God's creation. Me and six of my closest friends go to get closer as a group of friends.

We head down, all loaded up in cars, caravanning down Laguna Canyon Road to get there just in time to watch the sunset and set up our little spot for the evening. We lay down a couple blankets to sit on and bundle up in a couple more to keep warm from the ocean breeze. We play our favorite game, Cards Against Humanity, for a hour or so. We sit there laughing like fools at this silly, inappropriate game. No matter how many times we play it, these cards just get funnier. It never gets old. Eventually it gets too dark to see the cards and our phone flashlights are running on low battery. That's when the good stuff starts happening.

We sit there in the dark in our little circle silent at first. Someone starts by asking a question. At first we called in truth or truth, but it ends up being more than that. We share our lives with each other. The things on our minds that we just want to get out. Struggles we have been going through lately. Memories of our past that we don't know about each other, and don't normally feel comfortable to share. In our circle it's a safe zone where I know I can trust each and everyone of them with what ever I need to say and if I need to cry, they are there to comfort me. I have never felt so close with one group of people. We know more about each other than anyone one else. When all is said and done we always end in a big group hug. Words can describe how emotional and memorable these nights are.

After packing up our stuff and heading back down to the cars we go to Denny's for milkshakes and french fries.

These are the nights I will remember. These are the friends I hope to keep after high school is over.

We laugh. We cry. We end it with a big group hug. We're just drama kids.

You Might Also Like

0 comments