diy

DIY :: Patriotic Shorts

July 02, 2013

4th of July is this week and if you are like me, you have little to nothing in your closet to show American Pride. So I decided to do a simple DIY to solve this dilemma... American flag cut off shorts!

So here's what you got to do:
first of all you need some shorts. I made these cut-offs from an old pair of jeans.
next you need to find/buy some paint and paint brushes. this is all I found in my house .
tip: don't use the spray. it gets messy and difficult. stick to regular paint if you can. 
paint the left side blue and the right side white

draw an outline for your stars on the blue half of the shorts and begin painting them white
as you can see I'm not the best at stars, but they work just fine
draw evenly spaced out lines on the white half and paint every other section red

this is what they looked like when I finished painting
I then threw them in the wash and they came out with this great distressed look
So there you go! Have fun and happy 4th of July!

Julia Carrington

You Might Also Like

0 comments