books

"Eleanor and Park" [5/12]

August 08, 2015


Eleanor and Park was one of the more real romantic novels out of everything I've read so far. It wasn't a sugar coated fantasy relationship like one would normally expect. This books showed what it really feels like to fall in love for the first time and the heartbreak that can go along with that. The story follows two "misfits" in high school as they get to know and fall for each other despite the flaws other students ridicule them for. The book is written switching back and forth between the two perspectives, Eleanor and Park, so the reader gets to see how they are each experiencing this friendship and romance. Like I said, it isn't a sugar coated love story, there was a dark aspect to the book, seeing how hard these kids lives can be at home. The emotional stress that the pressures of life can put on them. It was all so beautifully written, I know I will go searching for some more Rainbow Rowell to add to my bookshelf. 
I really fell in love with this novel and will probably add it to my list of favorites. Personal best read for the summer, but I can't wait to dive into a new one.

Julia Carrington

You Might Also Like

0 comments