books

"It's Kind of a Funny Story" [3/12]

June 16, 2015


I've been meaning to read this book for a very long time. Saw the movie a few years back when it first came out and really liked the story. Coming back and reading the book was a great idea. Written a week after the author, Ned Vizzini, spent five days in a psychiatric hospital, the plot of this novel is very inspiring. It is about a teenage boy struggling with depression and after an attempt to kill himself, checks into a mental hospital. The cast of characters within the hospital each teach him something about the worth of life by just getting to know them. This novel gives the reader a very different out look on life and how we should treat it, no matter what struggles we are going through. Funny, sad, and thought provoking, "It's Kind of a Funny Story" was a great read that I would highly recommend.

I have a lot more time on my hands now so I've been reading a lot more in my free time so that means I'll be powering through these a tad bit faster, almost done with book four already.

until then,
Julia Carrington

You Might Also Like

0 comments