life

Flying

February 28, 2015

























Last weekend I was lucky enough to take a trip out to Texas to visit a friend at school there. Plane trips are not a normal thing for me. This trip was even my second time in a plane, my first being only just last year. Even with it being my second time having to deal with airports and getting on a plane, I was completely alone on this one. It was one of those terrifying and exciting adventures.

There's something really amazing about opportunities like this that I think most people seem to brush off because they've been on so many trips and taken so many flights. I just want to talk about that for a second.

There's this comedian named Louis CK who did a bit of stand up on flying and it kind of stuck with me. He comments on how people complain so much about their "flight experience" and then says, "'I had to sit on the runway for 40 minutes.' Oh my god, really? What happened then, did you fly through the air like a bird, incredibly? Did you soar into the clouds, impossibly? Did you partake in the miracle of human flight and then land softly on giant tires that you couldn't even conceive how they f**king put air in them?...You're sitting in a chair in the sky. You're like a Greek myth right now."
It is so true though. Very few people still stop to think about how amazing it is that we can fly anywhere in the world that we want to, just like that. It's incredible!

On both of my flights I made sure to get a window seat because who would want to miss out on seeing all the beautiful things right out that window. A view unlike any other up in the air. It honestly puts me in awe. God is so amazing. Looking down at all of his creation from up in the air like that. How everything is perfectly quilted exactly how he planned it. It's an indescribable feeling. From take off seeing everything on the world below get smaller and smaller up until the point where it just looks like a bunch of giant squares of land. Maybe it's just me, but it blows my mind. Then you're soaring above the clouds at amazing speed and you feel nothing. Like what even? That's amazing. On my flight back home it was raining, but we were above the clouds and above the rain. Above the rain. In my opinion that's a pretty cool thing to be able to say I've done.

It was just a really awesome chance to get to go somewhere and I loved it so much. I don't get opportunities like this very often so it was a blessing when this came up and was affordable and available. I really fell in love with flying and hope to get another chance to travel sometime soon.

Julia Carrington 

You Might Also Like

0 comments